Ok, I’m not going to lie. It’s been a really fun summer. Pool party, boat rides, beach, lunch, brunch, BBQ, Vegas – you name it, I did it – all of them at least once and most every weekend. Now it’s fall, football season is here and I’m carrying around 5 lbs of summertime “fluff” that seriously has no business hanging out on my body and has clearly overstayed it’s welcome.
Kristin (@Krazy Kwistin) is asking as my Blogging mentor, coach, motivator, inspiration and here is where the challenge comes in. She tells me I need some blogs for the Skinny section. Since she’s a passionate photographer, she’s offered to come downtown and take some fun pics on the rooftop of me doing yoga. This would have been awesome about 6 months ago, but in this post summer puff, I’m not as excited as I should be. So we’ve set a date, August 23rd. And I’ve opted to make my first skinny blog about how I detox, depuff and remotivate
I would have preferred googling “12 day detox” to see what came up, but my internet is down, so I’m forced to use my brain and shuffle through all my mental resources. I’ve read just about ever diet, detox book out there and tried them all too. They all work in one way or another. This is very close to a program I did through my chiropractors office and I felt amazing. That one had a special protein powder I’m replacing with VEGA, no coffee, which I’m sticking with and also no soy. I like my Soy Lattes, so I’m keeping that too.
So here’s TERESA’s DETOX my SUMMER RETOX plan:
- I want to feel good in my skin again. Look forward to my tiny yoga pant rooftop photo shoot!
- I’m looking for 1000 calorie differentials a day (i.e. eat 1400, burn 2400).
- Quality runs for NYC marathon training. Ice my foot!
- YES: green juice, VEGA protein shakes, fruits, veggies, olive oil, fishes, black coffee, water.
- NO: Booze, cheese, sugar/sweetener, gluten.
Let’s face it — there is NEVER a good time to start a diet. But if you live with that mentality, 5lbs turns to 10, turns to 15 and so on. I will make small sacrifices early, for less time by starting now. Here are my challenges:
- Weekend at home 9/14-15. Lucky my dad has recently adopted a very green lifestyle, so this will help!
- Charger game Sunday 9/16. This I will allow 2 beers and do 90 min cardio in the am.
- Work trip 9/17-9/20. It is so hard to detox in the Midwest. But I’ve done it before, and I will do it again. Just takes concentration and motivation.
- Diet – fat secrets ap on my Droid. Absolutely the best free diet tracker available today.
- Activity – old fashion pen and pencil. I burn about 1350/day motionless. 90/mile, 500/spin class, 250-350/yoga class, 450/hr mixed cardio.
- A Healthy Lifestyle is just one good decision at a time.
- Very few things in this world you can control. What you put in your body is one of them.
- You are what you eat, who do you want to be?
Today’s official weigh in weight is 119.6. My “happy” weight is 113. You can only do so much in 12 days, but let’s see how much we can do!