I have been wanting to do this challenge forever! I wasn’t sure if the community would be up for it. I threw it out to the group early last week and the response was very good!
So here you have it — the the 30 Day Challenge Series August Challenge:
Move a Mile a Day for 30 Days!
- Run, jog, walk, crawl — just lace up and go! Bike if you have to. It does not matter. Just use the energy to get your fitness gear on and go!
It sounds simple, because it is! My entire drive behind starting the 30 Day Challenge Series was to get a people to commit to a small, healthy lifestyle changes for 30 days. The process of lacing up your shoes everyday, for 30 days is brilliant! Chances are, you’ll go further. You’re almost guaranteed to feel better every single day after you do. Maybe you will be so thrilled, you’ll continue moving more for the rest of your life? Cha-chig — how do you spell success?!
If just a mile sounds too easy, then get your stopwatch ready and gear up to get faster! Running a mile for time is a challenge for anybody. Record once before August 1 and every week throughout the month. Post your times and share your success! And remember, you don’t have to stop after 1 mile. The goal is to get up and get out! If you feel great and want to rock out 3, 5 maybe more miles? Go for it! But the most important thing is that you go every single day for 30 days.
So how do you get started on this 30 Day Challenge?
- Like the 30 Day Challenge Series on FaceBook. We have almost 2000 in the group. How exciting?!
- Join the August Challenge – Move a Mile a Day event on the page.
- Share it on your page to inspire your friends and hold yourself accountable. Public commitment of a goal exponentially increases your chances of success. Plus, having buddies with you for your 30 mile journey will be way more fun.
- Join the community to get access to all the trackers. Print it out, set your goals and rewards. Are you up for getting faster? Record your baseline mile before the 1st and track it weekly. If you’ve already subscribed to the series, you will receive the tracker automatically shortly.
- Get your shoes ready, find your route (s), get a watch if your going for time and charge up your iPod!
I created the event on Friday and we have almost 300 peopled committed and 750 invited. I’d say we’re off to a good start since August is still 3 days away. I wold love to see 1000+ people sign up for this challenge and get moving this month! So share with your friends and inspire somebody to be better!
Stay tuned for more tips, benefits of walking and running, nutrition to fuel optimal performance, good workout songs and very regular motivational tips and pics from your’s truly. I’m lacing up to restart marathon training. I was once fast in my book. Today, not so much. My personal goal here is to get excited about getting out there every day, despite how hard and slow it feels The New Your Marathon will be here November 3rd one way or another…
What are you walking or running for?
Like this post? Want to be notified when new posts are broadcasted?
Sign up here to get them sent directly to you within minutes of posting!